Tuesday, September 1

Wizard101 and Grocery Coupons...yes, they are related.

OK, no matter what I try, I cannot get my wife to play Wizard101. She "doesn't need something else to waste time on", or "the in game movement makes her queasy"...it's always something.

One thing my wife does do avidly though, is coupon. Local papers, national papers, hunts them down from family, takes neighbors hostage until they surrender them...OK, not yet, but I swear it's coming!

Now how are the two related? Because after some careful consideration, I am GLAD my wife doesn't play Wizard101. She would play it like she coupons, and that would be bad news for all of us. Let me give you an example of her ability to make an all out assault on the local Homeland store, Walgreens and yes, even Wal-Mart with her coupons.



There you go. This photo was taken after ONE trip to the store today. Here is the itemized list of whats in that photo:

  • 4 boxes of Cheese Nips
  • 2 bottles of Diet Dr. Pepper
  • 2 1/2 gallonish tubs of Blue Bunny Ice Cream
  • 4 Glade Air Freshners
  • 5 Assorted cans of Chef Boyardee
  • 2 Four packs of Dannon Yogurt drinks
  • 2 packs of Chinet napkins
  • 9 jars of Peter Pan peanut butter
Now, some of you are going to be familiar with the prices on this stuff, and have already started adding it up. There is close to $70.00 of product in that pile. I'll tell you what she paid out of pocket for this loot...$4.92! On top of that, she got more coupons back at the register that give her $6.00 off of her next visit! So effectively she MADE $1.08 for taking this stuff off the stores shelves.

So, if she were to start playing Wizard101, we would all have to run for cover, because she would find a way for us to pay her for the beat down she would give us.

On second thought, maybe I should reconsider...maybe I could pay her in grocery coupons to help me come up with tactics like these for the arena!

Humm....you'll have to pardon me, I need to go find my wife.

3 comments:

  1. Lol, my grandma is like that with coupons. If only I could remember to TAKE the coupons she cuts out for me, or I cut out for that matter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom used to be like that. i kinda wish she still was but i can not STOP wondering: what the heck do you do with 9 jars of peanut butter?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been couponing for about 2 years, and LOVE it, but I am still learning so many new things too! My favorite coupon site is http://www.clickmycoupon.com/ here you can also get restaurant freebies and special, printable coupons for food, grocery and clothes, rebates and deals.

    ReplyDelete